A sought-after keynote speaker, a disruptor in the HR domain, an accomplished, confident, self-driven and creative professional with a proven track record in all aspects of People Management which includes the end-to-end HR processes ranging from concept through execution;
* Malaysia’s Most Talented HR Leaders Award- 2018 & Top 100 Most Influential Global Human Resource Leaders Awards– 2017 *
If You Hangout With Me For Too Long, I'll Brainwash You Into Believing In Yourself And Knowing You Can Achieve Anything
An HR Entrepreneur who indulges in purpose-led work (#ikigai), assumes more calculated risks, doesn't play it small, exudes confidence, strong-willed and thinks like a business owner. Also possesses strong business acumen and market intelligence.
A lawyer by qualification plays the role of an advisor providing an array of employment-related solutions including contracts of service, dismissals, redundancies, transfers of employees between undertakings, equal treatment on the workplace including dealing with harassments and the implementation of appropriate systems and procedures for compliance. Experienced negotiator with trade unions.
A certified HR Auditor who is well versed in the comprehensive method of gap analysis through objective and systematic verification of current practices, documentations, policies and procedures prevalent in the HR system of the organization. Conducts HR Audit Workshops and consults on carrying out result-focused Audit exercises.
A Global HR and IR Consulting Firm
Founder | Principal HR Consultant |HRpreneuer
Founder and Organizer – Find Your Mojo VIP Retreats A- Zen #empoweringindividuals #findingyourpurpose
Offers consultancy services to local and international clients on all HR/People and systems related services. Curates and delivers workshops, masterclasses (HR Audit | Design Thinking| Unconscious Biasess| Managing Disciplinary Effectively for People Managers) and customized topics.
Projects undertook: ISO 9001 Preparation, Implementation of Competency-based and KPIs driven Performance Management System, HR Digital Transformation (WorkDay), Devised a Diversity and Inclusion Policy for a Global Tech Company, Strategic Planning Workshop for a Property Dev. Company.
Director, Human Resources, Asia (Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong & Thailand)
My Jam: Heading HR for the business in Asia including leading and managing of the HR teams. Work closely with regional and Australian based leadership to translate business strategy into achievable HR objectives. A strong focus on strategic business partnering, talent acquisition, talent management, learning & development and change management. Engagement with the senior leaders on a strategic level whilst retaining oversight and delivering on HR operational matters. As a natural ‘strategic do-er’, balancing execution strength with strategic insight is my forte. Championed the Workday system implementation.
Director, Human Resources, South East Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam & Cambodia)
My Jam: Work in partnership with the business to provide HR lifecycle support to strengthen operations and organization development and influence that enable business units to effectively deliver their people plans for Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Cambodia. Brand Ambassador and a ‘strategic business enabler’. Championed the Ethics and Good Governance committee and policy rollout. Established Vendor Management Committee and policy.
My Jam: Undertook HR audit exercises, redesigned and refined PMS policies, procedures and SOP’s. Evaluated, restructured and remodeled compensation, benefits and reward programs/packages for a multinational company. Conducted public HR Audit workshops. Executive Search and Headhunting. CV writing and professional career coach/advisor.
Vice President, Human Resources (Sr. Generalist)
My Jam: To provide HR advice, support and services to the Anti Money Laundering business Unit, this comprises of approximately 800 employees and “Know your client” business unit (CADD BSU).
Head of Human Resources
Led the HR Department.
Drove, developed and implemented successful HR strategies and programs that support long term growth and transformation of the organization.
Head of HR Asia (April 2011), Regional Human Resource Manager, Asia (July 2009–March 2011)- Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines
My Jam: To drive and lead regional initiatives in Asia to meet business objectives. Proactively manage workforce demographics to balance supply and demand requirements. Continuously optimize and align resources to business needs. Oversee the entire spectrum of human capital management. Work with CEO and leadership team to establish cultural norms and ensure staff policies are relevant and compliant.
The University of Sydney, Australia - Sept 2006 - Aug 2007 (contract)
Senior HR Advisor
My Jam: Negotiated and approved employment agreements (AWA / EBA), letter of offers, and variations of appointments to staff. Negotiated with Union on the terms of the EBA. Executed termination process. Undertook supervision of payroll entry and calculations. Pioneered HRIS team on new HRIS implementation (PeopelSoft).
Head of HR Planning
1. Appointed into the US-ASEAN Women's Leadership Academy for YSEALI - Southeast Asian Women Leadership Alumna
2. Panel Speaker & Moderator @ HR Double Conference 2018 - Industrial Relations Track - Impact Aspects of Digital workers in MY Labour
3. ZafigoX2018 - Panel Speaker at an event dedicated for women and travel - Founded by Marina Mahathir (#womenempowerment)
4. Thought Leadership Panel Speaker Oct 2018- the University of London -More Seats at the Table: Achieving leadership equality in a gendered world (@ the British High Commissioner's Residence)
5. LeanIn Malaysia - Mentor/ Coach - Women in Leadership Program (LICP 3.0 - 2018)
6. Executive Coach - Leadapreneur's Accelerator Innovative Program
7. DisruptHRKL 2018 – Speaker – “The Power of Zigging When Everyone Else Zags” - HR Entrepreneurship
8. LogiSym Malaysia Conference 2016 – Speaker - Logistics Challenges and Transformational Leadership in the ASEAN Integrated World.
9. Judging Panel/Jury – Asia Recruitment Awards 2015, 2016 – HumanResourcesOnline
10. Judging Panel/Jury – HR Excellence Awards 2016 – HumanResourcesOnline
11. June 2014 – Speaker - “Recruitment & Retention Strategies 2014 - Accomplishing the Journey of Your Great Battle with Your Great People” (By HR Republic).
12. Featured Interview in HR Matters Magazine May 2014 issue -https://www.humanresourcesonline.net/conduct-hr-audit/
13. March 2014 – Speaker -“Recent Employment Issues on the Job” - at the 10th National Employment Law conference (By MySeminars)
14. February 2013 – Speaker - “Compensation & Benefits Strategy in Challenging Times” – at Group Malaysia’s HR – C&B in Focus (By HR Republic)
15. May 2012 – Speaker - “Managing, Growing & Inspiring Talent” – at the NextGen Talent by HR Matters Magazine.