I am a motivated and enthusiastic Chemistry graduate and I am seeking a dynamic and challenging opportunity in the field of … I’m self-directed and accountable, and I strengthened these aspects in my recent work experience, where I exploited and further developed my technical knowledge, but also had to manage tasks related to chemical supplies, report editing and coordination with other member of the team. My master’s degree and my work experience have given me the valuable opportunity to acquire not only valuable technical expertise, but also to enhance my problem solving, decision making and communication skills. I enjoy working in a scientific environment and I would perform well individually and as part of a team.
Chemical Technician - Pomigliano D'arco, ItalyI was responsible for the optimization, monitoring and control of a pilot-scale biological treatment plant for nitrate removal from groundwater based on activate sludge process. This activity entailed carrying out the following tasks:
During this work experience I decision-making and problem solving skills: I was part of a team whose members were located in different areas. I was the only member in the plant in Pomigliano D’Arco, and this allowed me to develop decision-making skills when I was given high level directive and had to decide what scientific methods to apply for the task at hand. I had daily communications with my manager and my supervisor to report about the results of my analysis and to discuss about the tasks.
- Samples collection for third-parties and internal laboratory analysis
- Spectrophotometric determination of Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonium and COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand) in water samples
- Analysis of biological parameters including Mixed Liquor Suspended Solids (MLSS), Mixed Liquor Volatile Solids (MLVS) and Sludge Volumetric Index (SVI)
- Cleaning and maintenance of laboratory and plant equipment
- Microscopic examination of activated sludge
- Supplying and dosage of Organic Carbon (Acetic Acid/ Molasses) and Nutrients (Phosphorus and Nitrogen)
- Writing daily detailed reports of observations and results.
Master in Chemical Science
- Graduated with grade: 110/110
- Dissertation title: ‘ Molecular partners of Echerichia coli Lyase NanA
Bachelor in Chemistry
- Graduated with grade: 107/110
- Dissertation title: ‘Non -exhaustive acylation reactions on chondroitin derivatives’
- Field: Organic ChemistryThe courses I attended allowed me to form a strong base in math, science and laboratory skills