My name is Rodrigo Segundo and I'm a Industrial Engineer with a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering and a PG in Business Intelligence and Analytics.
I currently work with MicroStrategy and Tableau, which is my favourite Data Visualization Tool on the market, to provide meaningful incites from data extracted with SQL from different sources.
I've done C-level reporting for Retail Companies for 4+ years now. I have a vast knowledge in VBA and Excel and have hundreds of hours of experience.
Data Analyst / Report Engineer
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
• Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality;
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems;
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
• Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems;
• Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs;
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities;
• Cost reduction methodologies, analysis and implementation that allowed savings of 500k€/year;
• ROI’s and KPI’s - projection and reporting, allowing a close monitoring of the department’s targets and quick readjustment if necessary;
• Supplier negotiation and contract analysis that allowed savings of 200k€/year;
• Pilot study implementation, allowing new solutions and technologies to be tested.
- Analyze a set of raw data (dump from main DB) using SQL and MySQL;
- Create an ETL;
- Extract meaningful KPI's and create dashboards with Tableau for visual analyses;
- Build models for target marketing and forecasting;
- Define clusters and find interesting patterns.
Language: Portuguese (Native) | English (Fluent) | Spanish (Fluent)
IT Knowledge: VBA Programming for Excel, SAP, RapidMiner, Pentaho, Tableau, SAS, MicroStrategy, PowerBI.
Knowledge in Python, R and SQL. Notions of UX/UI.