I'm a passionate software engineer, architect, serverless enthusiast, and technical writer with several years of professional experience in the German automotive industry working for clients like Porsche AG. In those years, I've built and delivered several services to production with various technologies & migrated existing ones from on-premise to the cloud.
Esslingen am Neckar
hello . at . tpschmidt . dot . com
DevOps, Domain Driven Design, Test-Driven Development, Clean Architecture, Clean Code, KISS, Continuous Integration & Delivery, SCRUM/Agile, SAFe, Test Automation, Event-Driven Architecture
Jenkins/JobDSL, Maven, Git, Jira/Confluence, Office365, Teams, Slack, Zoom, Selenium, BrowserStack, Postman/Newman, JMeter
- An e-book (1,5k+ sales) and newsletter (8k+ subscribers - one issue every two weeks) to teach people around the world about how to use AWS in real-world projects.
- Developing a distributed identity-management solution for STIHL customers on Azure.
- Creating and maintaining a platform inside a mono-repository for multiple teams to quickly building and deliver applications via blueprints and shared libraries.
- Implementing the business logic to create and sync leasing contract details between different parties.
- Architecture & implementation of various services and processes:
Customer Profile Core Backend · Consent Management System · Signup & Vehicle Registration/Confirmation · Communication with the Vehicles Gateway (MBB) and other external services · Kafka Integration · Apigee Proxies for Public APIs · Communication with SAP CRM Systems · Data Model Migration
- Migration of existing on-premise services to the AWS cloud with zero downtime.
Technologies/Stack: AWS (ECS, DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, CloudFront, ...), Java, Kotlin, Node.js, Nest.js, Serverless Framework, CloudFormation, Terraform, Apigee
Insights: >1m users & serving millions of requests per day, 100% uptime with a multi-region & multi-availability zone setup with fail-overs & traffic shifting for deployments
- Design & implementation of a solely serverless architecture powered by Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, S3, CloudFront & various other services:
Authentication & Authorization · Content Upload & Delivery · User Management · REST APIs for Web and iOS/Android clients · Real-Time Events · Email Communication & more
- Implementation of both Web-Frontends
Technologies/Stack: AWS (S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, CloudFront, ...), Terraform, Serverless, Node.js, Nest.js, TailwindCSS, Angular
Insights: everything pay-per-use, almost zero upfront costs from starting development to reaching production MVP, now serving several thousand requests per day
- Architecture & Implementation of the serverless backend services, built on AWS:
Authentication & Authorization with Cognito · Content Management · Email Communication & more
Consultancy services for cloud architecture & software engineering in all web areas.
Increasing awareness of the product through talks, articles, podcasts and more. Educating users on how to get the best out of it & creating and maintaining a community. Being the intersection between the developers & the team at Dashbird.
Helping clients to move to the AWS cloud while enhancing their core products in parallel. Creating new services from scratch, fully serverless with minimized operations and endless scalability.
Master thesis about software quality, security and identity and access management (IAM). Also building a technical analysis tool for reviewing & rating usability of several customer-facing IAM products across different industries.