Email: [email protected]
Cell culturing and sterile technique │ Migration & Invasion│ MTT│ PCR │RT-qPCR│ Ultracentrifugation │ Molecular cloning│PBMC isolation │DNA, RNA isolation & purification │ IHC │ Immunoprecipitation│ Western Blotting │ Lentivirus packaging│ Gel electrophoresis│SDS-PAGE │ Colony PCR │ Plasmid isolation │ Transformation │ Gram-staining
GraphPad Prism 7 │ BLAST search│ MS Word│ Excel│ Powerpoint
• Project 1: Studied a long non-coding RNA (lncRNA) X in Taiwanese patients with colorectal cancer.
• Project 2: Studied EMT by treating exosome in established cell lines.
• Successfully generated stable cell line by lentivirus transduction.
• Performed cell-based assays and tests to functionally characterize CRC-specific regulation of the lncRNA X in CRC carcinogenesis.
• Mechanistic dissection of lncRNA-mediated gene and signaling pathways in CRC tumorigenesis.
• Executing accurate and timely record keeping and data management for each test undertaken.
• Training and supervising students for basic experiments.
• Assisted in subcutaneous injection of cancer cells in mice.
• Assisted in administration of drug Intraperitoneally in mice.
• Processed human blood samples of STEMI patients, including DNA, RNA and PBMC isolation.
• Recrutied study participants
• Provided clinicians with instructions on how to conduct the trials.
• Reviewed literatures to analyse flow cytometry data.
• Ensured studies are conducted in accordance with ICH GCP and the guidelines of the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
• Coordinated operations with different departments, including communication with site supervisors.
• Managed information database of more than 500 patients.
Project title: "An investigation on the expression of caspase-X in DCIS and IDC in well-characterised patient cohorts".
• Identified of breast cancer biomarkers in 261 biopsy samples.
• Development of an IHC protocol using caspase-X on the BenchMark ULTRA IHC/ ISH system.
• Organised of patient records and inputting the details onto databases.
• Analysed experimental data.
• Practise of strict health and safety procedures in the laboratory, using the correct equipment appropriately and according to the task.
Supervisor: Prof Nigel Bundred MD, Fellow of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons (FRCS).
• Worked in a research environment studying ADAR genes in Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patients.
• Successfully used molecular cloning to generate recombinant DNA for later study.
• Carried out batch culture of bacteria, DNA isolation and purification.
• Performed routine lab protocols such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, preparing culture media and Western blotting.
• Obtained and organized information from scientific papers.
Supervisor: Dr Yi-Ying Wu.
Relevant modules and grades:
• 1st class marks in laboratory-based units: Genetics Research Skill Module (79%) and Human Sciences Experimental Design Module (78%).
• 1st class mark for Dissertation: "An investigation of stem cell therapy in treating Diabetes Mellitus and Parkinson's disease" (75%).
• 1st class marks for final year Literature Review: "Biomarkers and the therapeutic uses in treating breast cancer stem cells" (85%) and Laboratory Research Project - "An investigation on the expression of caspase 14 in breast ductal carcinoma in situ and ductal invasive carcinoma in well characteristed patient cohorts" (74%).
Strong lecture unit marks, including: Toxin, Toxicants and Toxicity (72%), 'Omic Technologies and Resources (68%), Computational Approaches to Biology (64%) and Disease in Nature (63%).
Languages: English (Proficient - language of study)│ Cantonese (Native) │ Mandarin (Native)
Written communication skills developed through completing a dissertation, literature review and and writing up numerous laboratory projects.
Completed GCP and IRB courses provided by Center for Taiwan Academic Research Ethics Education.
Full clean driving licence.
• Promoted events and gatherings through social media.
• Assisted in coordinating events and recruiting new members.
• Enhanced spoken communication skills by interacting with colleagues and members.
• Acquired multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.