An enthusiastic and aspiring storyteller grew up with an intense love for multimedia. I have 2+ years of experience including conducting digital media plans for a local Madison restaurant, Buffalo Wild Wings and Taliesin, interning as a marketing, PR, and newsletter intern for NextShark and other companies.
I'm a recent college graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication with minors in Business and Asian American Studies. My areas of interest include journalism, reporting, executing campaign plans, public relations, and social media/digital marketing.
I strive to use tools to promote campaigns and brands and bring companies with a mission and vision to the digital world, in return for higher recognition and exposure and to achieve their business goals.
PR, Social Media, Journalism
- Participated in weekly editorial meetings to brainstorm social media and content ideas, supporting the media specialist
- Developed competitor and industry analysis
- Developed, coordinated and managed social media and PR campaigns for Wisconsin Science Festival 2019 and the rural summer science camp
- Created media slides for internal communication
- Tracked media coverage and best practices of social media via Meltwater and AgoraPulse
- Spearheaded daily newsletters for the largest news media source for 1M+ Asian American youth
- Optimized trending content and increased website traffic and newsletter open rate by 10%
- Read, tracked and reported on relevant news trends and viral campaigns
- Interviewed and wrote coverage of Facebook phenomenon “Subtle Asian Traits”
- Drafted press materials, including news releases, media alerts and pitched letters regarding the upcoming technology
- Worked cross-functionally with the marketing team to develop content
- Drafted COO’s speech for a press conference
- Strategized, developed and executed effective social media campaigns for CSR events while adhering to the overall brand goals and image
- Helped plan and hosted 2 Facebook live streams at CSR events and increased engagement by 20%
- Assisted with event planning and attended events to capture and post events via social media
- Translated and edited local and international news daily in the news department
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams on blog posts, news articles, and launch materials
Studied in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double-tracking in reporting and strategic communication, with minors in Business and Asian American Studies.
- Co-founder of Asian Perspectives on Asian Pacific
- Taliesin Digital Plan 2019 (worked with real client)
- Podcast episode of Asian American histories and experiences