I am Ashish kumar, Master’s in Biomedical Genetics from Vellore Institute of technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India. This course mostly covers the subjects that deal with the genetic predisposition of diseases. In my fourth semester I worked off campus in New Delhi at International Center for Genetics and Biotechnology.
Apart from Academics I enjoy fiction writings, my personal favorite, The Silmarillion and The kite Runner.
Aspire to get a PhD studentship and work in favor of human welfare
Biochemical characterization of Aminoacyl tRNA synthetase and Evaluation of role of Plasmodium falciparum Lysyl tRNA synthetase Disulfide Bridge (PfKRS S-S Bridge) in binding of Cladosporin.
Tasks ranging from plasmid isolation, restriction digestion, PAGE SDS electrophoresis, mutant preparation under supervision, culture growing, protein extraction, affinity chromatography, bioassays, these just some brief procedures that were followed
• Gene Expression Profiling of Sodium Arsenite Treated Skeletal Muscle In vivo -Guided by Dr Abilash V.G
• Genetic and Gene Expression Analysis of Leptin in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Guide- Dr. Abilash V.G
• Comet assay – Distinguishing the classes of damaged DNA in an gel electrophoresis by inducing by Mitomycin, trained by Dr Wilner Martinez-Lopez.
• Study of Somatic hybridization and Encapsulation of seeds.
• Isolation of DNA & RNA from different sample.
• Isolation of Polytene chromosomes from Salivary gland of drosophila.
• Staining techniques.
• Biochemical characterization of Aminoacyl tRNA synthetase and Evaluation of role of Plasmodium falciparum Lysyl tRNA synthetase Disulfide Bridge (PfKRS S-S Bridge) in binding of Cladosporin