A happy hybrid loves the product, UX design, user research, and prototyping. My passion lies in understanding human and making technologies delightful and accessible.
I'm keen on:
・Observing how people interact with others or the artifacts to unveil their behavior and need.
・Iterating the technology through research and design.
・Turning design ideas into tangible interaction by prototyping, coding, and making.
Product Designer, UX Designer
Taipei Special Municipality, TW
・Executing design from concepts to execution, including UX, user research, and UI design.
・Key designer of Cubo's sleep analytics.
・Working with cross-functional teams to create a user-friendly app for new parents. Collaborators include product managers, developers, customer support team, marketing team.
・Planning & executing user research using qualitative and quantitative methods, remote and local, moderated and unmoderated. Increasing data for informed designs and product strategies.
・Establishing a design system: UI components and content guide (with a UI designer and a content writer).
・...and everything experience & product.
- Designed & Implemented a tech probe iteratively using Arduino, Processing, tablet, and sensing electronics with remote team.
- Transcribed the field studies and conducted qualitative data analysis to investigate how interactive technology & data play helps family mealtime for preschoolers and parents.
* Research led to a TAICHI 2018 paper.
Check my project "Stamp Plate" at https://icily.github.io/#portfolio
- Deployed a 4-week study applying the experience sampling method (ESM) with surveys on the mobile app.
- Recruited 50+ participants, conducted post-study interviews and qualitative data analysis to study the impact of relationship characteristics on receptivity to mobile IM messages.
* Research led to a CHI 2019 Paper.
- Created hi-fidelity interactive hardware & software prototypes to ideate the design.
- Designed experiments, conduct user research and usability evaluation, and analyzed the quantitative and qualitative results.
* Project led to a CHI 2016 paper and won the of Student Game Competiton.
Check my project "PinchFun" at https://icily.github.io/pinchfun
Check my project "Motion Guidance Sleeve" at https://icily.github.io/#portfolio
* Worked closely with clients in music streaming and manufacturing industries (e.g., Taiwan Mobile, MOXA Inc.) on projects of exploratory user/market research, UX/UI redesign, and usability testing.
* Assisted the UX Research Lead in the planning of user research, executing research, and preparing the report, on three client projects:
- Conducted guerrilla interviews, user interviews, and usability testing.
- Created lo-fi prototypes with sketched wireframes and paperboards to ideate the design concepts.
- Planned and facilitated co-creation workshops with clients to define the product feature and build action plans by leading discussion integrating user needs, business resources and market trend with client’s engineering, marketing, and design teams.
- Analyzed the research data, compiled the results into actionable insights and presented the research report and provided recommendations to the clients to support evidence-based decisions.
- Conducted market research and competitor product feature analysis to identify the strength and weakness of products.
Developed a back-end website for IT, using C# ASP.NET MVC. Wrote automated testing scripts for pressure testing.
- Specialized in Human-Computer Interaction
- Research Assistant in Innovative User Interface Lab, with Prof. Neng-Hao Yu. crafted technologies from now to the future.
Digital Arts, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction