1. Diligent and flexible elementary school English teacher well-versed in using social skills and empathy to manage student behavior; utilizes feedback from student's to create compelling lesson plans that take into account the strengths and weaknesses of student's.
2. 10 years experience instructing grades three, four, and five and class sizes of up to 30 student's.
3. Excited to provide an inspiring learning experience to student's.
4. Adept in using a vast assortment of technology.
5. Builds strong and positive relationships with student's and parents.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
4th Grade ELAR/Social Studies Teacher
. plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
. develop schemes of work and lesson plans
. establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
. prepare classroom for class activities
. provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
. identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet student's' varying needs
. instruct and monitor student's in the use of learning materials and equipment
. use relevant technology to support instruction
. observe and evaluate student's performance and development
. assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
. provide appropriate feedback on work
. encourage and monitor the progress of individual student's
. maintain accurate and complete records of student's progress and development
. update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by law, district policies and school regulations
. prepare required reports on student's and activities
. manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
. maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
. apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
. perform certain pastoral duties including student'support, counseling student's with academic problems and providing student encouragement
. participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
. participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings
. communicate necessary information regularly to student's, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
. keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
Effectively ensured that all required TEKS were mastered within the classroom
Managed cases of children in which the state of Texas had custody
Taught master of TEKS for specified grade levels