Soundsnap, Software Engineer, Jan 2020 ~ Present
Adding new functionality and maintaining code base at Soundsnap, world largest sound effect library with more than 400 000 sounds and 3 million registered users.
- Took part in managing developer virtual machine, cross-platform vagrant box containing local kubernetes cluster (minikube) and various scripts and tools to ease developers work
- Took part in creation of a cloud infrastructure using Kubernetes and helm and migrating company main app from dedicated server to the Google Cloud Platform.
- Took part in creation of a micro service responsible for mass transcode and import of audio files to S3 which increased total number of audio files in company audio library from 280k to 30k in 25 days and reduce storage costs drastically.
- Implemented AWS Signature algorithm in custom module which is now used for signing all API request between company microservices under high load (up to 300 simultaneous connections).
- Create mail sending module and subsystem for splitting load utilising different email delivery API's (Elastic & SendGrid) which is responsible for sending more than 200 000 emails per month.
- Created more than 200 automated end-to-end tests and integrated them to the developer environment and to CD pipeline.