Taipei City, Taiwan
Founding member of StratisX, lead the engineering team that includes XSGD - The world's largest non-USD fiat-backed stablecoin.
Builds and drives a Virtual Cross-Cultural team with 30+pax by conducting performance reviews, 1on1, hiring, and motivating skilled contributors.
A self-motivated leader who gathers strategic allies through strong organizational, negotiating, and triage abilities.
July 2021 - Present
- Leading StraitsX Engineering, a 30+pax 6+ countries remote team, including -- the world's largest non-USD fiat-backed stablecoin -- XSGD.
- Play a major role in mergers with proactive appropriate communication through openness and inspiration. And consistently managed to run a high-output team.
- Conducted 1:1, performance review, calibration, hiring, compensation management, and managed to help explore careers with members.
- Managed to grow engineering leadership through trustable coaching skills
- Drive decision-making processes/communication practices to consensus and ensure that steps are taken to actual implementation of product roadmap
- Be a change agent for improving processes both local to the group
- Participate in cross-organization strategic planning and design sessions with Product Management, Engineering Management, Architects, Compliances, and Operations
- Presented at weekly meetings to CEO office, Senior Vice Presidents, and other leadership staff.
Xfers’s Digital Assets Platform StraitsX Rebrands, Hits SGD 2 Billion in Transactions
Wirex Integrates World's Largest Non-USD Fiat-Backed Stablecoin, XSGD on Platform
August 2019 - June 2021
# Technical Lead
- Played a primary role in StraitsX, which has 2 products by 10+ engineers & PMs
- Proceed US$250M settlement per month
- Supervised a reliable system with a 99.9997% correctness rate.
- Aligned key results across products and teams
- Mentored joined members and transferred knowledge to colleagues
- Initiated utility measurement system, i.e) correctness, stability, etc.
# Software Engineer
- Piloted stable coin product
- Collaborated with the first man on pushing XSGD to happen
- Contributed tutorials for StraitsX university
- Boosted existing systems, reconciliation, ops, and payments, to support crypto payments
- Supervised XSGD payments, which is the first Travel Rule-compliant Stablecoin.
- Built internal microservices that connect blockchain and system by web3 structure.
- Initiated multiple integrations with ZERO downtime, to optimize ops time from 1 day to 5 minutes by broadcasting 80% of transactions on the fly.
十月 2017 - 五月 2019
- Have experience in leading a 4-man team as a Tech Lead, operating agile development and OKR.
- Initiated interdepartmental project which resulted in web traffic improvement by 30% during peak period, which is 100K per day.
- Managed to migrate web services from WordPress to Ruby on Rails 5 without downtime.
- Grew mentees in a proper way, and some of them joined PicCollage/Shopee SG/Microsoft
二月 2016 - 十月 2017
- Appworks 5th alumnus
- Annual turnover: 12M TWD
- Upgraded server from ROR 3 to ROR 4
- Brought up a web app in ROR 5
- Optimized notification job from 3hr to 30mins
- Optimized operation SLA by 70%