This engineer will be responsible for reviewing requirements from the business unit, either as part of NPI or sustaining projects. They will highlight features that may impact the portfolio and clarify requirements, including understanding the problem being solved, the expected behavior, and high-level design direction. Strong understanding of the role that the BIOS plays in the server ecosystem is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Must be capable of drawing high-level flow charts and sequence diagrams.
- Clarify requirements to the implementation team through verbal descriptions.
- Collaborate with the Architecture team to help with burst capacity assignments.
- Collaborate with the Architecture team to better understand the requirements and receive guidance and direction on the issue at hand.
- Review and disposition defects, highlighting lessons learned, requirement misses, and portfolio impacting issues.
- Interact with the customer engineering team to advise on troubleshooting.
- Review and understand ECR/PCR content to provide explicit and clear requirements to the implementation team.
- Research new requirements for Jabil and provide a summary to the Architecture team for review.
- Basic understanding of computer architectures such as Intel and AMD.
- 10+ years of experience in BIOS development and debugging for server products.
- Experience with coding skills in the C language.
- Experience with AMI code structure and UEFI framework.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English and Mandarin.
- Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, and unit tests.
There are common characteristics we are looking for in the AE team:
- Industry-wide – knows best practices in him/her domain as is common in the industry (OEMs and ODMs)
- Capability to deep-dive into relevant design specifications for their domain
- Experience in overall architecture for products and solutions.
- Ability to do a roughly NRE estimate. high-level cut of NRE and time needed
- Capable of working with abstract requirements. And assist with hardening those requirements.
- Learn new technology
- Assess alternate paths available for design and architecture. (Don’t do it this way, do in another way)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Capability to deep-dive
- Engage Technology partners on Proof of Concept and technology trend to gain the leading edge advantage to build world-class solution/product.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into Technology Roadmap
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options with key stakeholders.
- Good leadership skill set that can lead cross-function teams to deliver the best result.
- Must to have good working spirit and work well in a team and face-paced environment
Jabil (NYSE: JBL) (捷普集團) is a products solution company providing customized, end-to-end electronics design, comprehensive product management and robust post-manufacturing repair services to a diverse set of customers and industry segments. Jabil has more than 85,000 employees and over 50 facilities in 21 countries.
Jabil’s dynamic, experienced leadership and employees have driven the strong financial performance for almost four decades. Jabil is one of only 15 Fortune 500 companies growing revenue, operating income and earnings per share at a compound annual growth rate of over 25 percent over the past 10 years. The company’s superior operational and financial results flow from an unwavering focus on customer satisfaction and operational execution.
Jabil 是全世界最大型的電子製造服務公司之一，專為當今一些最大型的公司和品牌提供客製化設計、製造、配送和售後服務。我們的全球營運事業已擁有超過 2100 萬平方英呎的製造廠、遍佈四大洲的 60 多家工廠，以及逾 120,000 名員工。
此策略已取得回報 — 在逾十年期間，憑藉堅定不移的致力於適當結合服務、行業、位置、系統和人員，我們已獲得了兩位數的增長。Jabil 已使用 “JBL” 代碼在紐約證券交易所上市，我們歡迎有志加入的員工查閱公司的財務概況。
我們為具備資質的個人提供公平的僱用機會，無論其是何種族、宗教、膚色、年齡、國籍、性別、殘疾和性向。我們將員工在技能、能力、經驗和背景方面的多元化視為一項優勢，並在 Jabil 的所有領域中提倡發揮該項優勢。
我們主張聘用合適的人員、將他們安排在能貢獻一己之力的職位上，並為他們提供作出決定所需的工具和職權。如果您對自己所做的一切皆抱持品質第一的心態，且熱衷於達成目標，那麼 Jabil 是您的不二之選。