Your typical day as a Toshiba Software Engineer / Java will involve:
This opportunity will provide the candidate the chance to work on a microservices-based platform and help code and design functional deliverables.
You'll be working alongside other experienced engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our platform.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
* Product specification creation and management - decomposing requirements, developing specifications and communicating specifications and requirements to development suppliers.
* Support hardware product development - ensuring design specifications and quality requirements are met through design reviews and product test phases.
* Support the debug of complex problems found during product development including identifying risks, technical problems and recommending solutions.
* Product life cycle support – providing technical engineering support for cost reductions, EOL components, and field issues.
* Experience working in a cross-functional, collaborative environment across multiple sites
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 5+ years of professional experience in software development
* 5+ years of Java programming
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in functional programming
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
* Experience with Cloud-based applications
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
* English: Fluent
* Knowledge of professional software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
* Development experience for web, mobile and desktop applications.
* Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowes Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.