ROEHL stands for Rental Only, Environmental Home Lifestyle. We are a startup started by a proven industry leader with strong passion for climate change related issues. We dare to do something that no other disruptors dare or have the resource to do – disrupt the home appliance market globally with a rental only model to our consumers.
By designing our products for circularity and sustainability and renting out our home appliance instead of selling them, we can make all the products we design last for much longer. And we will save money with remanufacturing of our home appliance. We use less resources, consume less energy, and solves significant waste management issues for our environment – all while having a profitable base business model. We believe that this is the kind of business model that can change people’s behaviors in a big way. And we are uniquely positioned to make this change happen. We are looking for passionate, daring individuals looking to challenge convention to join us to change the world together.
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer responsible for managing our app for UX and UI. Your primary focus will be development of Roehl app on Apple and Android side, mini app on Wechat ,and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from Business/Marketing team. You will also be deep co-work with production team and development team for integrating all elements built by your
coworkers into the app.
• As Senior UX/UI Designer you will design digital product- and service-experiences across a broad range of industries, making a positive impact on all areas of life
• As part of a young and fast moving team, you will be responsible for leading international projects for Roehl’s app in China and global version.
• Work along side teams of managers, stakeholders, business analysts and developers.
• Working in interdisciplinary teams, you will make broad use of your core-skillset as Senior UX/UI Designer, but also get a chance to learn and apply new knowledge from other disciplines
• During projects, you will engage in a diverse mix of activities – from running ideation sessions and design-crits to managing design projects and presenting your work to the team.
• At least 5 years of professional experience, preferably in an international design-consultancy setting
• 3+ years of experience designing for mobile apps, web and web-based devices. In-eCommerce and IoT experiences is a plus.
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Experience in app project-management, running workshops, and leading projects
• High level of creativity and passion for innovative concepts and designs on app, especially IoT and eCommerce .
• Robust and up-to-date knowledge of relevant design-trends and technologies
• Self-directed, yet highly-cooperative and flexible workstyle within the team
• Reflected, but outspoken and courageous character with high emotional intelligence
• Routined application of design processes and methods
• Experience in working in agile project environments
ROEHL stands for Rental Only, Environmental Home Lifestyle. We are a startup founded by a proven industry leader with strong passion for climate change related issues. We dare to do something that no others dare or have the resource to do – disrupt the home appliance market globally with a rental only model to our consumers.
Have you noticed that your home appliances and electronics tend to break down just as their warranty run out? This is no coincidence. Nowadays, many products are designed to break so we are forced to keep throwing away and buying new ones every few years. This business model is polluting our oceans, consuming huge amount of energy, depleting our resources and killing our children's future. We all know this can’t continue, but we don't feel like we have a choice.
Roehl is here to change that. We believe that people should have a choice to do more than throwing things away. We are here to make everything in our lives last longer, more reusable and less hassle.
We do this by renting appliances to our customers instead of selling them. We design our products so well that we guarantee that we will repair, replace and upgrade every Roehl product, all for a monthly subscription fee at a fraction of the product cost.
Once you have a ROEHL product, you will never need to buy one ever again. That means you never have to worry about maintaining, or getting someone to fix the product. Using the most advanced IoT solutions, our engineers will always be a step ahead to the problems!
If you like our concept, care for the environment, or simply want a hassle free lifestyle where you don’t need to worry about your appliances anymore, join us to revolutionize the way we use products at home and beyond!