Synology's product developers create cutting-edge products used by millions of users around the world. Our portfolio of data storage, networking, and surveillance products are powered by our own software solutions, giving us a unique edge in today's crowded market. We are looking for engineers that can make an impact, bringing in fresh ideas from different areas to help expand our team of high-energy developers.
Today's threats are constantly evolving and increasing in frequency and sophistication. New security paradigms need keep up with today's distributed services and zero trust model. You will be developing security frameworks for Synology products and designing forward-thinking defense mechanisms.
- Develop authentication infrastructure on cloud platforms such as Synology C2, AWS, and on-premises solutions such as Synology DSM
- Implement single sign-on (SSO) and multi-factor authentication for Synology products
- Conduct performance tuning for Synology identity services and related products
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits, and design reviews
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
You'll fit right in if these describe you:
- You like solving difficult problems.
You are always looking for ways to make something better in unique and innovative ways. You aren't content to leaving things as-is. Life to you is a never-ending optimization or refactoring process.
- You are a great communicator.
When it comes to dealing with multiple teams and stakeholders, you are able to clearly let each of them know the benefits and risks that each potential solution brings.
- You work well collaboratively and when on your own.
Sometimes you'll be the superhero, sprinting through bugs and feature requests like an Olympic runner. Sometimes you understand that everyone needs to communicate and make compromises where necessary.
You are expected to have:
- Prior experience in any one of the following:
Web application development
Security software development
We're targeting candidates with:
- Proficiency with C, C++, and scripting languages (e.g., Python)
- Experience in developing applications and integration of different IDPs
- Experience in container-based solutions, such as Kubernetes, EKS, Docker, and ECS
- Experience in AWS services, such as EC2, ELB, and Cloudfront
- Familiarity with identity protocols, such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, and FIDO2
- Familiarity with abuse and fraud detection, web security research, or risk management
Please visit our career portal to apply for this position: http://sy.to/xo8km