I has worked at PC/Server industry for 3+ years at front-end and back-end supply chain positions.
Responsible for Power Module/Memory/GPU/PCB/IC/Switch purchasing, vendors are all global enterprises like Intel, Broadcom, Nvidia, Micron, etc. Analyzing cost matrix and market investigation are my expertise.
Experienced in logistics side for sever business, managing product on-time schedule from raw material preparation to final assembly.
As a commodity manager at Lenovo, diverse cost strategy often be utilized in quarterly business review. To maximize the positive benefits for company.
Adept in Oracle/SAP system
1. Public Relations member in Student Association.
2. Hosting experience of several school events.
1. As a global Org. at Lenovo, I play as a project coordinator between Asia and US teams.
2. Cooperate with US / EMEA / APAC region to promote NPI or sustaining projects.
3. Managing ODMs’ material delivery schedule from EVT, DVT, PVT to MP stage.
4. Cost analysis for multiple vendors, planning strategy with cross-functional sections.
5. Inventory control with software system (Oracle/SAP), ensuring sufficient stock.
1. Supplier development and management, maintaining good relationship with suppliers.
2. Purchasing data and market investigation with viarous database for analysis .
3. Proactive cost reduction, achieving 2% cost saving target for each quarter.
4. Good service for end customer such as Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, etc.
5. Complicated legal contract negotiation with vendors to facilitate company's benefit.
1. New Supplier Development –
a) Developing new material channels (Supplier/Distributor) to avoid the risk of short supply.
b) Enforcing current suppliers provide better price strategic or R&D designing priority.
c) To initial preliminary RFI concept to final RFQ proposal, determine the awarded supplier with objective consideration from different sides such as cost, logistics, development schedule, NRE, etc.
2. Purchasing Data / Market Analysis –
a) Basic excel pivot table or advanced regression analysis about cost/volume/SPEC/performance, etc.
b) Determining the highest cost–performance ratio product and advising to engineer.
c) Investigating the innovative technology or surveying the market trend to avoid unexpected shortage.
3. Proactive Cost Saving –
a) Regular quarter cost reduction with various skills. (1.5%~2% per quarter)
b) Handling incentive for big projects with the business scale which is more than 1 million US dollars.
c) Driving the best BoM cost for new RFQ to win the important bidding.
d) Negotiating longer payment term which can mitigate finance pressure. (ex: MT30→ MT60)
4. Relationship Maintenance –
a) Responsible for building relationships with local or foreign vendors.
b) Holding Quarterly Business Review to ensure the supporting quality of all suppliers and distributors.
c) Getting involved in the upstream manufacturers or raw material suppliers.
d) Liability assessment when projects come to end of life, reducing the excess quantity.
5. Good Service for Customer –
As one of the largest global assembling company, our main customers are normally famous IT enterprises like
Amazon, Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, etc. Our goal is to make them feel satisfied on not only fulfillment but service. Conference calls and formal mails are often necessary for B2B business.
6. Contract Negotiation –
Convincing vendors to sign Non-Disclosure Agreement(NDA)/Long Term Agreement(LTA)/Memorandum of Understanding(MOU)/Purchase Agreement(PA)/ECO Friendly Agreement which can facilitate company's operation or protect any possibility of violating Intellectual property rights.
a) Excel pivot table or regression analysis presented in PowerPoint
b) Determining the highest cost–performance ratio product
c) Investigating new market trend