Adept problem solver, self-starter, and curious engineer with a love for concurrent,
scalable, resilient, and cloud-native software. Demonstrates a proven record of success in
leading engineering teams, simplifying processes, and managing multiple projects
delivered on time. Possesses exceptional communication skills.
August 2020 - Present
Worked on performance and availability of the core Microsoft search platform.
January 2016 - Present
- Database design
- Advanced analytics for Shule Bora School Management Solution using MariaDB
- Automation of hardware provisioning using ansible
June 2019 - August 2020
• Developed a highly motivated team by clearly communicating value in the big as well as the small projects and recognizing individual contributions.
• Proactive leadership by running small experiments to improve operational efficiency, one such experiment for placing orders on behalf of customers gained company-wide acceptance and usage.
• Participated in developing the product roadmap and technical strategy from the company commercial strategy resulting in overall organizational alignment.
• Worked with Freight and Enterprise business unit leadership to define business needs and design solutions. Consequently, we opened new markets and grew existing accounts.
• Translated overall company goals to goals for engineering teams and individual engineers tracked the metrics and regularly reported on them.
• Mentored engineers across the team by conducting reviews, sharing resources and promoting responsibility and project ownership.
• Participated in the hiring of top-notch talent for various roles in engineering teams informed by current business needs and engineering capacity.
• Managed tracking hardware suppliers, service providers, and software platform vendors.
• Regularly participated in forums for discussing company values and evaluating how well we were doing against them. Implemented resolutions within the team to
promote living out of those values.
September 2018 - August 2020
• Redesigned the dispatch application focusing on simplicity of design and developer productivity, reducing the time it takes to add new features to the app and the number of reported bugs.
• Pioneering leadership when the engineering team was restructured, had the privilege of leading the first product-development team for three months as a proof
• Coordinated the technical preparation for Sendy Uganda launch, worked with
various teams to identify needs and potential risks, fix bugs, thoroughly test the product and deploy the product to serve the new market.
• Pioneering technologies, experimented with a time-series database (TimescaleDB)
for collecting, storing, and analyzing events within the system for purposes of Demand and Supply gap prediction. This has become an indispensable tool for the
data team and the basis for machine learning for order time estimates and research into new product offerings.
• Implemented vehicle tracking giving the company a competitive market positioning.
May 2014 - September 2018
• Demonstrated great initiative in learning the various technologies used at Sendy and getting involved with all teams, engineering, customer experience and operations.
• Full stack knowledge and experience having worked on the web frontend, APIs and backend of the Sendy system.
• Pioneering technologies and best practices such a docker, Kubernetes, Go, grpc, test driven development, design driven development.
• Tracker installation and management resulting in increased visibility on the Sendy Platform.
June 2013 - May 2014
- System testing and documentation
- Web development in PHP
2013 - 2018