With a proven record of accomplishment in technology and social media marketing in my 20+ years of experience, I am an ambitious and determined Senior Executive focusing on the future. With my passion, interpersonal communication skills and team-building abilities, I am able to drive profit maximization through a range of business strategies and focus on increasing revenue while strengthening business relationships and partnerships.
My area of expertise is streamlining business operations through automation and process improvement to reduce costs and simplify repetitive tasks. Though my primary focus has been IT, I have expanded my vision to include the company and assisted them with automating operations. I am also passionate about simplification and minimalism. I admire the design of unrelated systems working together in harmony to perform complex operations.
I am an excellent public speaker and presenter who has performed music before hundreds of people. As comfortable as I am performing music for large crowds, I am equally comfortable presenting and sharing the lessons I have learned throughout my varied experiences.
Kansas City, MO, USA • https://patpadgett.com
May 2020 - Present
• IT Company Founder headquartered in the Kansas City metro area.
• Cultivated effective relationships with potential investors.
• Secured mutually beneficial contracts with suppliers.
• Developed promotional messaging and strategies to implement targeted, digital marketing campaign.
• Drafted digital art for powerful branding including compelling logos, ad, and custom web presence.
• Amplified client's social media presence to present impactful campaigns.
January 2017 - Present
• IT Director for travel agency servicing government contracts and excursions for various entities throughout Indonesia.
• Directed organization's IT infrastructure including documenting design, compiling inventory, and change management system while supervising administrative staff.
• Lead exceptional team of programming, web development and help desk technicians while focusing on delivering outstanding customer support.
• Full stack web development seamlessly integrating airline ticketing and hotel reservation systems.
• Designed and implemented telecom and VOIP infrastructure to enhance internal communication.
March 2018 - May 2019
• Cultivated a DevOps culture by implementing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery best practices producing automated, reliable and efficient deployment solutions for software and infrastructure.
• Created and maintained fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Octopus Deploy and Azure DevOps.
• Pioneered process improvement for continuous integration, automation, testing, alerting, and documentation.
• Eliminated superfluous hardware and consolidated infrastructure while improving redundancy to effectively reduce unnecessary overhead.
• Built and deployed Docker containers for Jabil applications, which improve developer workflow and increased scalability as well as optimized efficiency.
• Streamlined repetitive tasks used in release deployment by designing and implementing process automation.
• Automated build and deployment process utilizing the development pipeline in Azure DevOps reducing human error and greatly increasing the time to production.
• Reduced deployment time for critical agile project infrastructure.
• Managed Azure repositories and access permissions and organized workflow changes through branching and tagging.
• Managed additional cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS including monitoring, patching, scaling, and backups.
• Intricate knowledge of Ansible playbooks (using Python and YAML) to deploy, configure, and manage on-prem and cloud resources.
• Instituted service deployment strategies to assist projects requesting Canary, A/B, blue-green choices.
• Installed and optimized Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana to monitor critical infrastructure.
February 2017 - May 2017
• Application Administrator and demonstrated extensive knowledge of Linux as the SME for Capital Markets team primarily focusing on GBST's Syn application.
• Configured Apache server mod_jk/mod_proxy for shipping data to JBoss and Splunk for Syn log analysis, and Dynatrace agents for JVM process monitoring for all Syn components.
• Optimized and managed JBoss servers, MQ interfaces, and BMC Control-M jobs integrating with Syn and other applications.
• Developed Ansible playbooks to efficiently deploy new releases throughout multiple environments.
• Required to maintain availability for on-call rotation responsible for upgrade deployment and general maintenance using Jenkins for ~100 Windows server applications.
November 2015 - September 2016
• Maintained networks and infrastructure for contract customers including on-prem and Azure resources, site-to-site VPN, and routing.
• Launched the development of Microsoft SharePoint products (Codesigned's 'Intranet' and 'Analytics').
• Primary developer for Sharepoint sites and customized solutions.
• Provided service consistency when migrating Codesigned Salesforce to Microsoft Dynamics.
• Assisted and trained colleagues in data management best practices.
July 2001 - March 2015
• Architect and developed application to streamline data records routing to multiple downstream applications resulting in $2 million savings over a 3rd-party solution.
• Utilized ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack to monitor several billing mediation platforms decreasing average time to resolution for actionable alarms by 50%.
• Developed a method of billing record distribution across parallel sets of billing processors in Python increasing the processing rate of SMS billing 2.5x.
• Created rubric and evaluation process for RFP scores providing vendor demonstrations (live and lab) and selected suitable vendors.
• Planned and produced tools to translate business rules to vendors using Perl Parse::RecDescent module.
• Created Configuration Management System using Ansible and Gitlab significantly decreasing deployment errors and delays.
• Performed the highest tier troubleshooting and analysis for billing mediation system.
January 2005 - December 2009
• Developed and trained education staff in Fasttrack, a web-based celeration chart application, for educators to assist in Behavioral Analysis.
• Analyzed Healthcare Cost Report Information System (HCRIS) data for tax firms.
• Launched engaging websites for numerous small business clients.
• Drafted unique marketing strategy to promote Oliolie's influencer business.
• Composed Wikipedia articles in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Recommended adjustments to YouTube and Instagram strategy increasing engagement by 50% in three months.
• Audited followers for strategic removal increasing engagement rate 10x over two months.
• Created social media guidelines to ensure high quality content moving forward.
• Notable open-source tool allowing the tunneling of an SSH connection through an HTTP proxy, available as a package in most Linux distributions, BSD ports, and Cygwin.
• Reviewed in several articles and demonstrated in books and YouTube video.
• Collaborated with the Linux community to enhance usability and stability merging patches into the project.