Landscapers make and maintain landscapes, gardens, walkways, flowers, paths, construction sites, and several outdoor structures using various tools, machines, and skills. A landscaper needs a professional resume to highlight relevant skills, qualifications, experience, and education. Follow the right landscaper resume format to make it stand out among several resumes.
An outstanding landscaper resume will help the candidate emerge among the 4-6 applicants (from the average 250) for most jobs who proceed for an interview, according to Glassdoor. Since it takes about 6 seconds for a recruiter to review a resume and decide, a professional landscaper resume is, therefore, a must.
What are Some Landscaping Job Duties and Responsibilities for a Landscaper Resume?
There are several duties and responsibilities that can be put on a landscaper resume.
- Maintain landscape structures, outdoor furniture, driveways, and walkways.
- Disinfect landscapes using pesticides, insecticides, and other disinfectants to assure safety and hygiene.
- Advise clients on maintenance and care of landscapes.
- Trim and prune overgrown fences, plants, flowers, and hedges.
- Beautify gardens, backyards, and landscapes with stones, flowers, shrubs, and plants.
- Sweep and collect trash and garbage from the garden, flowers, homes, and general landscape.
- Install and maintain irrigation systems to ensure that flowers, gardens, grass, and ornamental plants get watered.
- Consult and advise clients on the design, and selection of flowers, grass, furniture, and ornamentals to fit their landscape.
- Remove snow from buildings, flowers, gardens, and the whole landscape using brushes and shovels.
- Use tools like shovels, sprayers, saws, chisels, rakes, hedges, axes, and hammers to maintain beautiful and smart landscapes.
- Collaborate with architects and garden designers to meet clients’ expectations.
How to Write a Professional Landscaper Resume?
Step 1: Write an Eye-Catching Landscaper Resume Headline.
The first step to your dream landscaper job is through a good headline. It's the profile title or resume headline which summarizes the whole resume. Place the title just below your name to attract recruiters and help them decide on your worth at a glance.
Benefits of a Well-Crafted Resume Headline for a Landscaper Resume:
- Uses powerful keywords to attract recruiters.
- Captures and showcases your main achievements.
- Sums up your relevant work history in years.
Examples of Resume Headlines for a Landscaper Resume:
- A Top-rated landscaper with over 5 years' experience in a large gated community estate.
- An excellent landscaper with 9 years of landscaping experience in 10 five-star hotels.
- A detail-oriented professional landscaper skilled in installation and maintenance of irrigation systems for exquisite flower and grass gardens.
Step 2: Craft a Professional Landscaper Resume Summary Statement.
A resume/profile summary has a few lines placed below the contact information. It outlines your best achievements, qualifications, and skills relevant to the landscaper post.
Pick the main points from the landscaper job description section and infuse them into your resume profile. The landscaper resume summary shouldn’t exceed 100 words on average.
Importance of a Landscaper Resume Summary on a Resume:
- It shows the interviewer you were attentive to the landscaper job advert when you use the job keywords and triple your recruitment chances.
- Highlights a landscaper attributes as a potential employee for a quicker evaluation.
- It helps you be placed on top of other landscaper job applicants as it draws the recruiter’s attention.
Examples of a Resume Summary for a Landscaper:
- An energetic executive landscaper with over 7 years of corporate experience and certification in several landscaping tasks coupled with excellent teamwork skills. Holds a horticulture degree, plus a journeyman certificate. Seeking to use her 7 years corporate landscaping experience to transform the appearance of the company.
- A dynamic landscaper with strong expertise operating and maintaining hand and power landscaping tools for 5 years. Able to work under extremely high or cold temperatures caring for flowers and the garden. Seeking to apply his proficiency in gardening design, ornamentals, flower care, and general landscaping to change the environment for a mercurial look.
- An industrious construction landscaper with 8 years’ experience landscaping construction sites. A holder of a project management degree and disaster management. seeking to use his site rehabilitation and landscaping expertise in the new construction site.
Step 3: Include Key landscaping Skills for Resume.
Skills are capabilities you have as a landscaper through experience, education, and personality traits.
Listing Skills on a Landscaper Resume is Important in That:
- Skills allow the recruiter to assess if you are a good match for the landscaper role.
- It’s a great way to compare candidates based on their skill set.
- It helps landscapers show their value as they lack experience.
Examples of Landscaping Skills for Resume:
- Landscaping tools operation
- Horticulture management
- Graphic design
- Customer care
- Analytical thinking
- Customer care
Step 4: Tailor the Landscaper Resume to the Job.
Apply the format demanded by the company, if any. Use keywords in the job advert that match your qualifications. Get professional resume services for support or use a landscaper resume template if in a hurry.
Step 5: Proofread the Landscaper Resume.
It's necessary to scrutinize each bullet point for any errors, misplacements, or omissions. You then review and reorder the landscaper resume as needed.
What is the Best Resume Format for a Landscaper?
The main types of resume formats for a landscaper comprise Chronological, Functional, Combination, and Targeted.
📍 Chronological Resume Format for a Landscaper
The format lists everything in reverse chronological order, from the latest to the oldest details. This format is suitable for a senior jobseeker looking for a landscaper role.
📍 Functional Resume Format for a Landscaper
It focuses on the most relevant skills and achievements you have for the role you want. It is useful for entry-level landscapers, career changers, and freshers. It may also serve if one has gaps in the resume.
📍 Combination/ Hybrid Resume Format for a Landscaper
It combines chronological and functional resume formats. You document work experience but display only the relevant skills for a position.
State the best skills and experience first, then write work experience in reverse chronological order. The format is appropriate for landscaper job seekers changing careers or with resume gaps.
📍 Targeted Resume Format for a Landscaper
You customize the resume for a particular role and company, like for a landscaper. It requires much time to craft, but you get the job if you follow the ‘tailor’ made specifications for the landscaper job opening.
It can be used across the board by various job seekers for a specific role that demands a custom format.
How to Make a Landscaper Resume Template?
Sometimes you may want a custom landscaper resume format depending on your unique circumstances.
📃 Microsoft Word
- Study several landscaper resume templates and collect your preferred elements like layout, formats, and sections.
- Ensure you include crucial sections like "Contact Info.", "Qualifications" and “Experience.”
- Optimize headings (H1, H2, H3 tags) to create a more ATS-friendly landscaper resume template.
- Use bullet points and bold text for easy reading.
- Ensure the font size is reader-friendly and you have a consistent resume layout.
🔗 Online Resume Builder
Online resume builder is another excellent choice for creating your own landscaper resume template. Most online resume makers avail different resume templates with various formats, layouts, and styles.
💡 To build a professional landscaper resume template on CakeResume:
- Remove and edit sections or items freely.
- Drag and drop resume template snippets to customize your own landscaper resume template/format.
Top 10 Landscaper Resume Dos and Don'ts
- Tailor the Resume and Include Only Relevant Information.
You need to use the right format demanded by the company. Use a resume template if in a hurry, otherwise use professional resume services for support in aligning your entry level landscaper resume to the landscaper role advertised. Include the work experience, skills, and education most relevant to the landscaper job description.
- Add Quantifiable and Measurable Achievements on a Landscaper Resume.
Using a problem-action-result approach will sell your value instead of listing general responsibilities.
Recruiters understand the responsibilities and duties of a landscaper, so saying what you did is obvious. But using numbers for percentages and amounts will show your value.
💡 A statement like “trained 7 junior landscaper staff on irrigation methods can change to “inducted 47 intern landscapers on 3 modern irrigation methods, that raised production by 30% and increased profits by 20%.”
- Optimize the Landscaper Resume for ATS.
Use font size 10-16. Bold the headings and subheadings, which can use font size 16.
Use bullets for various sections, but mind the length.
- Choose the Right Landscaper Resume Format.
The reverse chronological order resume format is widely accepted. However, choose the right one based on your unique landscaper circumstances and qualifications.
- Use Active Verbs in the Landscaper Resume.
Use Bullets with action verbs and keywords for the landscaper resume.
Use short statements with action words (e.g., developed, maintained, screened, etc.) to display your skills and achievements.
🔍 Recruiters spend a short time (15-20 seconds) on your resume, so avoid long paragraphs. Adopt keywords from the landscaper duties and responsibilities on the job advert and relevant research in your resume.
Landscaper Resume Sample
A well-mannered professional landscaper with 11 years’ experience caring for and maintaining a variety of homes, gardens, landscapes, and walkways.
(11123) 4565 78 99
A proactive and resourceful grounds landscaper with over 10 years' experience in a busy high-end estate. Excellent in a variety of semi-skilled and skilled landscaping tasks that include planting, watering, manuring, weeding, and related tasks. Seeking to use my landscaper skills to maintain your homes, garden, and grounds for a pleasant and beautiful landscape under no supervision.
Senior Landscaper / ABD Solutions - Brentford, England
Jun. 2015 - Present
- Operated power equipment such as lawnmowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, electric clippers, and saws
- Maintained and repaired landscaper tools and structures like buildings, fences, and benches
- Mixed and sprayed fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides on grass, flowers, and trees, using hand and automatic sprayers, resulting in a 25% increase in production
Landscaper / Bearty Corp. - Leeds, England
Jan. 2010 - May 2014
- Installed and maintained 11 irrigation systems that led to savings of over $23000 in production costs
- Trimmed trees, grass, flowers, and hedges using pruners, shears, and chainsaws, maintaining a beautiful landscape
- Maintained an established landscape by weeding, mulching, aerating, manuring, watering, and trimming flower beds, lawns, walks, fences and walls
- Landscaping tools operation
- Horticulture management
- Graphic design
- Customer care
- Customer care
- Diploma in Landscaping, Willied College, Leeds, England.
Apr. 2007 -Apr. 2009
- Certificate in Horticulture, Leedsy Institute, Leeds, England
Feb. 2005 - Jan. 2007