This opening is to collect candidate profiles instead of a real job opening - We welcome you apply this opening if you want to get into our talent database! Applied Materials values talents. We want to actively engage with each talent to build your profile into our talent database so that we can match your profile with our job openings when there is a suitable one.
If you like to troubleshoot hardware, solve complex problems, and make equipment work better, this is the role for you. As a Customer Engineer, you’ll work in our state-of-the-art facility and at customer sites around the globe, where you are the face of Applied Materials and an integral part of a vibrant and diverse team.
We train our Customer Engineers to create and support the technology that the world relies on to manufacture semiconductor chips and related materials, every day. You’ll work beside global customers to install, maintain and upgrade their Applied Materials equipment, delivering world-class support for multimillion-dollar production systems.
• Assist senior engineers with installing leading-edge customer equipment, performing scheduled preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance, and upgrading equipment
• Performs Tier I procedures and preventative maintenance and wet-cleans, seeking assistance when needed.
• Follow procedures you learn during your training, as well as published task plans, to test equipment and to diagnose and resolve technical problems
• Complete required job documentation, safety training and procedures for processing parts
• Professionally represent Applied Materials to the customer, using your “customer first” mindset
• Satisfy the company’s and customer’s on-site requirements, including safety, environmental and COVID-19 guidelines
• Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering related (Hardware related preferred)
• A willingness to learn how to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
• Clear and effective written/verbal communications skills, with an emphasis on documenting details
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Basic mechanical aptitude and knowledge in any of the following: pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, vacuum, or thermodynamics
• Knowledge of hand tools and proper usage, including a digital multimeter
Nice to have:
• 0–2 years of work experience in customer/field support. New College Graduate (社會新鮮人) are welcome.
What to expect:
• FSO (Field Service Organization) CE: Relocation within Country based on business needs. Also, in general, you’ll work with Applied Materials Taiwan AGS on-call model to provide ongoing technical support for our customers. Some product field service teams may need to work in shifts depending on business needs.
• You will be asked to go to customer sites
• Your job requires the ability to:
1. lift at least 10~20kg.
2. work in a clean room environment wearing coveralls, hood, booties, safety glasses, and gloves
3. sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach and stretch to reach equipment when needed, and stand for extended periods of time
4. determine differences in colors
• Global Relocation Opportunities: Based on Applied Materials AGS (Applied Global Service) organization business needs, there will be global Relocation Opportunities released for employees to apply. Following on Applied internal transfer eligibility, you are welcome to relocate to other regions including but not limited to US, Europe, etc. within Applied to develop career further.
1. TOEIC550 above
2. Your benefits:
At Applied Materials, we care about the wellbeing of our people, and we strive to support you in ways that extend beyond your work environment. As an employee, you’ll qualify for a competitive and comprehensive total rewards and benefits package, from day one.
Your benefits package will be customized for your country of residence including Country level Benefits programs, career development and mentoring; sustainability and social responsibility programs; and much more.
Additionally, all employees can take advantage of our company-sponsored global programs, including our Employee Assistance Program, Travel Accident/Medical Benefits Abroad, the company’s employee stock purchase program and a subscription to wellbeing tools.
We value social responsibility, too: Our worldwide “Giving” program encourages employee giving and volunteering globally, while The Applied Materials Foundation provides an employee match of up to US$3,000 per employee per year.
3. Who we are:
Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. We’re the brain (and the brawn) behind every new technology development—whether it’s building semiconductor chips for smartphones and computers, or the underpinnings for robotics, AI and even smart TV display screens. With 27,000 employees in 19 countries, we offer an exciting place to grow and learn alongside some of the best people you’ll ever meet. We take deep pride in our Culture of Inclusion, and we celebrate the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences that help us build stronger, more resilient teams.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we actively recruit diverse talent. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Join us as we innovate to Make Possible a Better Future!
應用材料公司(Applied Materials, Inc.)是世界最大半導體及顯示器設備領導廠商，名列全球前五百大公司之一。成立於1967年，總部設於美國加州矽谷聖塔克拉拉 (Santa Clara)，在美國、歐洲、以色列、台灣以及新加坡等地設有技術研發與製造中心，>120個服務據點廣布於全球24個國家，員工人數超過33,000位。
台灣應用材料公司(Applied Materials Taiwan)為在台子公司，服務據點包括林口、新竹、台中、台南與高雄，獨一無二的設施為新竹的全球技術培訓中心(GTLC)、台南顯示器設備製造中心與研發實驗室，以及8吋半導體設備製造中心，位於桃園的亞洲設備零件物流中心， 發貨全亞洲客戶。
榮獲多項殊榮及客戶肯定：Fortune雜誌《全球最受推崇企業》、Forbes雜誌《全球最佳雇主》、BARRON’S評選《Most Sustainable Companies》、人權運動基金會評為《平等友好 LGBTQ 的最佳工作場所》、應材台南顯示器設備製造中心黃金級綠建築認證、台積優良供應商卓越表現獎《卓越技術合作》、聯電《傑出合作夥伴獎》、英特爾《首選優質供應商獎》；台灣應材榮獲天下雜誌《2023天下永續公民獎》、《2023天下人才永續獎》、《Best Workplaces in Taiwan™ 2023》、HR Asia《2021年亞洲最佳企業雇主獎》、國家人才發展獎、Best Workplaces in Taiwan加入認證單位Great Place to Work、台灣應材2023年榮獲天下雜誌《天下永續公民獎》、《天下人才永續獎》雙冠、多次獲文化部文馨獎等。